Intelligence for Creating Digital Drawing ArchivesBenefit from software intelligence for archiving and indexing drawings. With VPindex you can capture, clean, edit, and index legacy documents and CAD drawings quickly, elegantly, and efficiently - independent of sizes and formats. An automated OCR capture of text from title blocks or from other isolated positions will provide a quick document retrieval. Any recorded text content can be transferred directly to a standard database or document management system. Index data can also be used to automatically assign new document file names.
With VPindex or VPindex lite you can create and feed a new digital drawing archive structure, or you can enhance and complete your existing document database. Both applications are simple and easy to handle: with guided user workflows you will achieve optimum results in just a few steps. Literally, hundreds or even thousands of documents can be processed within short time. While saving on effort and costs your productivity will increase substantially for retrieval, distribution and printing.
The state of the art integrated text recognition module (OCR) supports next to latin also greek and kyrilic characters. Optional an additional license for the 4 asian writings kanji, korean, and traditional and simplified chinese is available.
VPindex/VPindex lite are available in various language versions:
VPindex liteOffering a functional and economic alternative, VPindex lite is designed to capture, clean, index and archive drawing documents only in interactive mode. Documents need to be reviewed and confirmed one after another once they are compiled for a process batch. With only limited cleanup functions available, VPindex lite will still record and export index data as the full version.
Software FeaturesVPindex software includes the following processing features in automatic or interactive modes:
- Direct Large-Format Scanner Control
- Raster image processing of all standard formats, incl. Multipage TIFF, PDF
- Extensive raster/hybrid/CAD Editor (full version only)
- CAD file processing: CGM, DGN, DWG, DXF, HPGL
- Easy customization and saving of individual workflows
Cleanup and Formatting
- Fast batch conversion from CAD to TIFF, PDF, RasterDWG (full version only)
- Optimizing quality with raster cleanup and alignment
- Automatic batch cleanup (full version only)
- Uniform to size: paper format assignment (full version only)
- Uniform to view: rotation to title block position
- Detection of position and content of title block, automatic zoom
- Indexing: OCR data capture from title block or from isolated positions. The state of the art integrated text recognition module (OCR) supports next to latin also greek and kyrilic characters. Optional an additional license for the 4 asian writings kanji, korean, and traditional and simplified chinese is available.
- Database export: ODBC, CSV
- Optimizing retrieval: automatic file renaming based on indexing data
VPindex Brochure, 2 pages, ca. 820 KB
DocumentationThere are two types of documentation available:
Tutorial - The 260-pages training compendium guides you through major application aspects in 14 easy lessons. Refer to lesson 14 for explicit information on setting up indexing processes.
Reference Manual - The 430-pages user manual explains in 16 chapters all software functions and options in detail, including command line syntax.
We recommend to use both volumes as they complement each other!
VPindex, Reference Manual, ca. 5.7 MB
VPindex, Tutorial, ca. 6 MB
(more languages can be found here)